- January 5, 2016
- Leave a comment
To improve your health, and to start your new year off on the right foot, consider taking up weight lifting. This may help you complete a goal on your bucket list.
Why take up weightlifting?
- It allows you to build your strength quickly. This is especially true when you first start weight lifting. When you start you can increase the amount you lift per exercise from 5 to 20 pounds per week. Your gains in the beginning will simply amaze you.
- It will help you lose weight. Weightlifting converts fat to muscle and will give you energy.
- Increased strength improves your ability to perform perform your cardio vascular workout. The stronger you are the more you can do.
- Weightlifting works your ligaments and tendons which strengthens your overall muscle and reduce the risk of injury.
- Weightlifting is critical to increasing bone density which in turn will reduce your chance of losing bone mass and facing osteoporosis.
- Weightlifting firms up your muscle and makes you look better.
How do you get started?
I suggest that you take a look at the site called Strong lifts 5 BY 5. This site is run by a gentleman name Medhi who espouses Reg Park’s 5 by 5 workout. Reg Park was the person Arnold Schwarzenegger looked up to when he started lifting. Here is the link for the website: StrongLIfts 5×5 workout site.
If you are a woman, I also recommend checking out this article in Women’s Health. It provides reasons why ou should start lifting weights today: 12 reasons to start lifting weights today. Here is another article from Women’s Health to show you some of the best exercises to perform: 5 Weight-Lifting Moves That’ll Help You Drop a Size (Or More).
Happy Lifting and now go achieve that Weightlifting Goal!